For those days you are craving something sweet. Smoothie bowls are amazing, but the calories add up quick in these decorative creations. This means your serving size needs to be small – like size of a ramekin small! Seriously.
Here’s a fiber and potassium packed mini bowl recipe to try on those mornings that you just want a donut!
Banana Almond Cocoa Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (no added sugar & grass fed ideal)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon 100% cacao
- 5 slivers of banana
- 1/2 tsp coconut flake
- 1/2 tsp almond slices
- 1/4 tsp 100% cacao
- Place all blender ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon smoothie mixture into a ramekin
- Top with toppings listed.
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 14g
- Carbs: 25.5g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Potassium: 437.8mg
- Calcium: 30.3%
Note: This would be a perfect sneak in your greens smoothie by adding spinach or baby chard. You don’t know it’s in there! Also, you can eliminate yogurt, but I added it for extra calcium, protein, probiotics, & Vitamin B-12. Since it’s only 290 calories, I would also add a slice of sprouted toast with 1 tablespoon of almond butter (140 calories) for a little more substance on your busy days.