Mini Sweet Potato Kale Cakes
These mini sweet potato kale cakes are perfect as a side dish or an appetizer for a party. They are a good source of fiber, potassium, and Vitamin A and would go nicely with a roasted lemon herb or dijon chicken.
- 2 medium size cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 sweet onion thinly diced
- 1 cup kale julienned
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sour cream and smoked paprika (shown), or lemon, or salsa.
- Mash garbanzo beans in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion, kale, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to the mashed garbanzo beans and mix thoroughly.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Use a 1 inch cookie scoop to scoop (a heaping amount of) potato mixture into frying pan and squish down with a spoon.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Eat plain or top with garnish of choice.
- Servings: 4 (makes ~24 potato cakes)
- Serving size: 6 potato cakes
- Calories: 228
- Carbs: 32.4 g
- Fat: 8.8g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Potassium: 526.3g
- Vitamin A: 174.84%
- Vitamin C: 52.28%
- Iron: 10.96%