Cardio is any activity that’s repetitive that increases your heart rate. Walking fits into that category and if you take it to the beach, you are bound to calm your mind and boost your mood as well!
Tips when walking or running the beach:
- Try going at low tide (a couple hours before or after) and search for most level areas.
- Make sure to do an out-and-back trip so that you work muscles evenly, because there is always a slight level change.
- Watch out for rocks, driftwood, and other debris.
- Softer sand is more effort, try doing soft sand intervals with the hard sand to change things up!
- Stretch after your walk or run – your body will thank you!
Make the effort – life’s a beach!