- 1 15 oz can organic pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1-3 cloves of garlic minced (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: 7 tortilla chips crushed, 1/2 cup julienned raw spinach, 3 oz cooked chicken (small bite size cubes)
- Sauté shallots in oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sauté 1 Minute.
- Place shallot mixture in blender with the remaining ingredients and blend for 1 Minute. If thinner soup desired, add in more broth.
- Place blended soup in a pan, simmer for 15 minutes, mixing regularly.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (with toppings):
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 23.7g
- Carbs: 28.3g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Calcium: 8.2%
- Iron: 11.7%
- Potassium: 453mg
- Vitamin A: 30.6%
- Vitamin C: 12.4%