Simple Spiced Ginger Apple Cider
- Grate ginger with a microplane into a glass – I personally like it on the heavy side (about an inch of fresh ginger root).
- Fill glass half full with organic apple cider and fill remainder with ice.
- Top with freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Option: make it a cocktail by adding vodka of choice before filling with apple cider (Skyy Vodka is super clean and bright and would go perfect in this cocktail).
- Ginger: it’s anti inflammatory effects help to aid in gastrointestinal or nausea relief, helps fight ovarian and rectal cancers, reduces menstrual cramping, and promotes sweating which helps you detox during cold and flu season.
- Cinnamon: a good source of manganese, fiber, and calcium. It helps with blood sugar control, is anti microbial, and the scent boosts brain function.
- Nutmeg: has antibacterial properties and can improve memory and digestion. Note: use sparingly, excessive doses of nutmeg powder may cause hallucinations.