- Sit at the end of a bench or chair with your hands at the end about shoulder width.
- Abdominals are contracted and chest is lifted.
- On your hands, only scoot your rear about an inch away from the bench.
- Retract and depress your shoulder blades as you bend your elbows behind you and slowly lower down into the dip. Don’t let your elbows flare out.
- Straighten arms slowly – muscle up to starting position and repeat for up to 20 reps.
Tricep dips target the muscles of the back of the arms.
- Try shifting your weight to one hand and try one arm dips.
- If successful and you want more of a core challenge, lift one leg up.
How did you do?