And just like that, we are on to the second week of our January Wellness Challenge!
Day 7: Walk, jog, or run a mile for #MoveItMonday
- Stand tall
- Abdominals in (30% out of 100%)
- Chest open
- Shoulders retracted and depressed
- Slight chin tuck – look straight ahead
- Swing arms forward and back from shoulder – not across your body
- Lightly walk heel to toe (no pounding the pavement)
- Stand tall with chest open
- Abdominals in
- Shoulders slightly retracted and depressed – think loose and not elevated.
- Arms bent at 90 degrees with thumbs up (try to avoid elbows out crossing the body)
- Hands relaxed
- Pick up your knees high enough where you aren’t shuffling
- Land softly
- If you are just starting out, start at a much slower pace that what you think you should do and build from there
Day 8: Make a recipe with sweet potatoes for #TastyTuesday
Nutrients in sweet potatoes:
- Vitamins A,B, & C (antioxidant & anti-inflammatory powerhouse)
- Fiber (for blood sugar regulation)
Serving size: 1 cup cubed = 114 calories (27g carbs/4g fiber)
Day 9: Plank challenge for #WorkoutWednesday
- Add 5 seconds from last week. (options 25 seconds, 50 seconds, or 1:35 minutes)
Day 10: Read a happy quote for #ThursdayThoughts
Your thoughts and words mold you. Be mindful of the positive words you read to increase your happiness. Read a happy quote and take a moment to really think about it’s meaning.
Day 11: Meditate for 2 Minutes for #FridayFlow
It’s time to increase our meditation to 2 minutes. For the first minute, focus on your breath. The second minute, either pray or focus on a positive affirmation.